- View Printable version of the Alpine Runners Upcoming Event Calendars:
- Training Program Clinics and Group Runs:
- Fall 5K Training Program Kick-Off Clinic: Wednesday, July 11th from 6-8pm at RoadRunner Sports in Kildeer.
- 5K Program Group Runs: July 17th through September 6th leading up to the Lake Zurich Alpine Races. See details HERE and register below.
- Half Marathon Training Program Group Runs: June 9th through September 1st. See details HERE and register below.
- Marathon Training Group Runs: June 9th through October 21st. See details HERE and register below.
- CARA Circuit Races:
- Alpine Circuit Races:
- Sunday, July 29th, 12pm - Alpine Predictor Run and Family Picnic (see evite that was sent to members)
- Adopt-a-Highway Clean-up
- Saturday, July 14th at 9am from LZHS
- Saturday, August 25th at 9am from LZHS
- Volunteers needed for the ET Lake Zurich Triathlon on Sunday, July 8th. Please contact Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to volunteer with us.
- NEW!!! Alpine Races Half Marathon Course Preview Fun Run - Sunday, August 19th at 7am.
2018 Alpine Runners Training Programs
Training programs are free for club members. To register you must first log on with your user name and password. Non-members must first join the club. The process is quick and easy. Click the "Join The Alpine Runners Now!" button to begin. After joining the club, click the 'Register Now' button next to the training program you wish to register for.
Join The Alpine Runners Now!
Alpine Runners will be hosting our own Bank of America Chicago Marathon Training Program starting June 9, 2018 on Saturdays in Lake Zurich and June 10, 2018 on Sundays in Busse Woods. Our training program is free with the price of your membership!! An Individual Alpine Runners membership is just $25.00 or register the whole family for only $35.00. Join us today and then train with us for no additional fees!!
Our training program includes the following:
- Informational clinic to get you started.
- Saturday and Sunday long runs with official pace group leaders.
- Aid stations every 2-3 miles stocked with water and Gatorade.
- Evening group training runs throughout the year.
- Our ever popular Alpine technical shirts can be purchased separately.
- Use of the Alpine Runner's VIP Hospitality Room at the Palmer House
So, why pay almost $200.00 for other training programs when you can get all of the benefits of a great training program when you join the club! If you got into the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, register to train with the Alpine Runners now! (Please note: Registration for the marathon is not included.)
The Alpine Runners are also offering beginning 5K training programs for the summer and fall, a fall half marathon training program, and the very popular free Kids Running Camp (Alpine Runner membership is not required to register your kids in the kids running program, it’s free to all kids!). Let your friends know the great benefits that they can get by just being a member of the Alpine Runners! Race registrations are not included.
Alpine Runners Spring 5K Training Program
Alpine Runners Half Marathon Training Program
Alpine Runners Marathon Training Program
Alpine Runners Fall 5k Training Program
2018 Alpine Kids Free Running Camp
- The Alpine Runners will be hosting a free Kid’s Running Camp for ages 6 through 14 leading up to the Alpine Races on September 9th.
- When: Monday nights from 6:00pm to 6:40pm starting Monday, July 9 through Monday, August 27
- Where: Paulus Park, 200 S. Rand Road, Lake Zurich.
- We have RRCA Certified Running Coaches volunteering for our Kids Running Camp!
- For insurance, we do need the parents to register the kids at www.alpinerunners.com and to stay within Paulus Park. If a child needs any medications, please have it available and prepared.
- Volunteers needed: Parents, if you could volunteer please send your age preference of ages 6-8, 9-11 or 12-14 to email@example.com.
- The Kids Running Camp is free and limited to 200 kids.
Why should children run? Foundation Sport – Brings sense of Self confidence – Teaches patience and discipline – Healthy life long sport – We know if we can teach a child they can run and you have changed their life.
The reason to do sports is first and foremost for fun and to promote and
create a healthy lifestyle for your children.
4 keys for a kid’s running program – Pace, Patience, Practice, and most of all Fun.
Alpine Races Race entry is not included register now at: alpineraces.org
Register Now for the 2018 Kids Running Camp
Join the Alpine Runners Today!
We meet every Saturday morning at the Lake Zurich High School parking lot, 300 Church St... at 7:00 am for training/fun runs or Marathon Training! We have established courses from 4 to 22 miles, with mile markers from 1 to 20 miles. Water and Gatorade every 2 to 3 miles distributed by club volunteers. Every Saturday morning at 7:00 am we start running in groups, grouped by running pace, 7:30 minute milers to 12:00 minute milers. The groups start off a few minutes apart to avoid large crowds on the streets. If you run a 12 minute mile pace or a 7:30 minute mile pace, we have a group for you.
We welcome all runners and encourage you to give us a try, no matter what your experience is. We have runners working up to 4 miles, runners training for their first 5k, 10k, half marathon or full marathon, as well as seasoned marathon and ultramarathon runners of all sizes and speeds.
In the summer months there are pace group leaders for those training for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon or other Fall Marathons. We have supported training runs on Saturdays at 7:00 AM from the Lake Zurich High School, 300 Church St., Lake Zurich and on Sundays at 7:00 AM from Busse Woods in Schaumburg just ¼ mile east of the 53 underpass on Golf Road into Busse Woods on the south parking lot. We also have several walkers out there on Saturdays. Come for the training and the Gatorade, and you'll stay for the camaraderie!
And club members running and volunteering at the Bank of American Chicago Marathon get exclusive free access to the Club hospitality suite at the Chicago Palmer House. It is a terrific alternative to gear check, runner reunite and just staying warm before the race!
Annual single membership dues are only $25 and an annual family membership is $35.
Signing up after September 1? Your membership will be valid for the remainder of this year and all of next year!
Three year membership discounts are available for both single and family memberships.
- If you are signing up for the first time, click the "Member Signup" link on the left to enroll (it's fast and easy) or you may contact club President Beth Onines for more information.
- If you are renewing your membership, first log in to the website. If you are a Primary Member and are up for renewal, you then will see a "Renew Now" link at the top of the page. Click on it to go to the renewal page where you may renew your membership with a few mouseclicks.
NOTE: Memberships can only be renewed by the Primary member. Family members will not see the "renew" prompt.